Today we will discuss best dog food for bog dog breeds. We will also discuss why big dog breeds need special dog food. We will also figure the reasons for which big dog breeds have some other dog food options. So let start our today’s topic.
Why Do Big Dog Breeds Need Special Dog Food?
Big dog breeds like German Shepherd Husky Mix, Labrador Retrievers, Mastiffs, and Great Danes may have weight 56 pounds or more as they become adults.
These strong and big dog breeds need heavy and strengthening food. It is very important and essential to feed the appropriate amount of calories and other food ingredients to support the health of your adopted big dog breeds. Feeding your big buddy the correct amount of food can reduce hip and joint stress. The best quality of dog food for your big dog breeds minimizes the risk of skeletal issues, ensuring that he or she will stay healthy for years to come.
How To Select A Dog Food For Big Dog Breeds?
While selecting the right and appropriate food for your big dog breeds, you must consider some of the special nutrients to maintain quality nutrition:
- Fatty Acids: Your dog food must contain fatty acids like EPA and DHA.
- Glucosamine: Glucosamine and chondroitin must be added in the dog food to maintain hip and joint health.
- Protein-Rich Sources: Add those sources to the dog food that contains good quality protein. Your dog isn’t eating empty calories and instead is eating food that will give him energy and help him stay strong.
Weight issues can also be a problem for large dogs. Help your large canine maintain a healthy weight with regular exercise and recommended portions of premium light or reduced-calorie dog foods.
Top 5 Best Dog Food For Big Dog Breeds
Now let’s take a look at some of the most popular and best dog food for big dog breeds.
- Holistic Natural Dry Dog Food for Large Breeds
- AvoDerm Natural Formula Dry Dog Food (Big Dog Breeds)
- Nutro Max Dog Food For Big Dog Breeds
- First Mate Grain Free Dog Food For Big Dog Breeds
- American Journey Large Breed
1. Holistic Natural Dry Dog Food for Large Breeds
Holistic Select Natural dog food for big dog breeds uses a larger kibble size formulated just for large breed dogs of all ages, mixed, and purebred breeds. This dog food is formulated with Digestive Health Support System, including active dog probiotics, fiber, and digestive enzymes for total body health. Omega 3 fatty acids to support healthy skin and coat. Quality protein builds and maintains lean muscle mass.
2. AvoDerm Natural Formula Dry Dog Food
The main ingredients of this dog food designed for big dog breeds are Chicken Meal, Whole Brown Rice, Whole White Rice, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat.
AvoDerm is a high-quality, natural brand that includes a certain natural and nutrient-rich ingredient in their recipes is the avocado. Avocado is loaded with healthy fats which not only provide your dog with a concentrated source of energy but which also help to support the skin and coat. It also enhances the brain and the immune system these big dog breeds.
3. Nutro Max Dog Food For Big Dog Breeds
Nutro Max Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food provides important nutrients that use high-quality ingredients like chicken protein and whole grain rice. Artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives are not included in this natural dog food that is specially designed for the proper growth of big dog breeds.
4. First Mate Grain Free Dog Food For Big Dog Breeds
FirstMate’s Large Breed formula uses only wild fish from the herring family. It is a single-source of a novel protein. The large bite-size will allow for controlled eating for big dog breeds. The protein and fats have been carefully formulated to provide the ideal amount of calories required by a large dog.
5. American Journey Large Breed
Most Affordable Big Dog Breeds dog Food. American Journey is Chewy’s in-house brand and it offers a wide variety of high-quality recipes at an affordable price. This American Journey Large Breed Chicken & Brown Rice Protein First Recipe is an excellent choice. Also, it is uniquely formulated for large breeds and is positively packed with protein. Real, deboned chicken as the first ingredient, and it is supplemented with the chicken meal. This recipe contains digestible whole-grain carbohydrates as well as fresh fruits and vegetables to provide natural sources for essential nutrients. This dog food is rich in omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat and supplemented with glucosamine and chondroitin for bone and joint support.
- Pros: Formulated for large breeds, the real deboned chicken first ingredient, digestible whole-grain carbohydrates, rich in omega fatty acids, supplemental glucosamine, and chondroitin
- Cons: Contains some plant protein (pea protein), maybe too high in fiber for some dogs
With the discussion of the American Journey Lage Breed dog food, we are nowhere to windup our today’s topic. In this topic, we have discussed why we need a portion of special dog food for big dog breeds. To get more updates about the food options for big dog breeds, you can visit on our Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.